The Facilities Manager will oversee the management and operations of all the physical facilities of the church. Provide oversight and responsibility for the buildings, grounds, parking lots, equipment, building systems, and housekeeping, ensuring the facilities are fully operational, safe, clean and neat, and prepared for services and ministry activities.
- Manage and perform all work related to the maintenance and repair of facilities (including but not limited to building inspections, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, custodial, landscape and waste management)
- Serve as primary contact for facility related emergencies, which may require evening and weekend work
- Oversee and provide event coordination. Ensure proper scheduling of set up and take down for meetings, special events, worship, weddings, memorial services, and otherwise as directed
- Develop and manage volunteer facilities team. Schedule and coordinate efforts of the team, as needed. Act as point of care for all facilities team members
Qualifications & Work Experience:
- Knowledge of the practices, methods, and equipment utilized in facility maintenance, construction, and repair activities; including skills and abilities related to plumbing, janitorial, electrical systems, painting, carpentry, construction and heating and air conditioning systems
- Must be computer literate with knowledge in all Microsoft Office software
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of the approaches and techniques involved in budgeting, labor relations, contract management, project management, record keeping, etc.
- Capable of coordinating multiple tasks and adjusting to the changing priorities, meeting deadlines, and scheduling of a growing church
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and take initiative
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, balance competing priorities and tight deadlines, work under pressure and remain flexible
- Ability to recruit and train others so the church is fully equipped to respond to any need pertaining to grounds and facilities
- Must be able to use discretion and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Understanding of and alignment with the core values, mission and vision of the church